Sunday, August 15, 2010

Panasonic Iron Review

Sometimes I get e-mails from people wanting to know my opinions on sewing machines and serger brands.  Unfortunately I'm not a lot of help because all I've ever sewn on are Pfaffs, but like most people, I've been through my share of irons!  The expensive Rowenta I started out with didn't make it through the first two years of marriage.  For quite some time now I've been limping along with a little discount store iron a friend gave me when I needed one in a pinch.  I finally decided I needed something with a few more features (like getting hot for starters!).
So for everyone who wants an iron recommendations, I purchased this Panasonic iron two months ago, and LOVE it. It's pretty heavy, gets very hot with lots of steam, and has a fairly large detachable water tank.  It also has a retractable cord with built in storage on the base, and an auto-off.  The temperature dial seems really reliable and I haven't had any issues with it spitting water on any of the lower settings. I wasn't too sure about the detachable water tank, but it is actually so handy!  With a push of a button it comes off and I can fill it up in the sink and snap it right back on.  No more carrying little water containers back and forth, and no more dripping water all over trying to fill the iron up.  I leave my iron set up all the time, so the retractable cord isn't a big deal to me, but if I need to put it up, it'll be nice to not have the cord flopping all over.

The nicest thing about this iron though was that it was completely free with my Swagbucks earnings! You can find out more about Swagbucks HERE if you are interested!

Jessica

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you know, that's really not that expensive! I have always bought the stupid cheap ones that last for a year or two. But my grandma would buy the expensive irons and they never lasted more than a few years either. So I didn't know what to do.

    I'm saving up my Swagbucks for a KitchenAid mixer, maybe when I reach that goal I'll start saving for this iron. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess---does it shut off automatically? I need another iron...next time I'm at your house, remind me to look at your iron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, yes it shuts off automatically, after 8 minutes, I think.

    Tammy, like I said, I've only had this one 2 months, so I can't speak for it's longevity, but for the price, it really does feel like a quality iron. It doesn't seem "cheap" and it gets really hot and steams well...2 things I really like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If its one thing I don't really like it's iron shopping. It seems like they only last a couple months. Right now I'm dealing with a shorted cord. Glad you found one you liked.

    Pam
    kirkskornerathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same iron. I bought it on Amazon.com to replace a Rowneta that broke and I love it! I love that it's so easy to fill with water and to empty and that the rectractable cord makes for neat storage.

    ReplyDelete