Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A New Sewing Toy!

Yes, I finally bought a serger! I've had the money to buy a serger since I got married, but just never followed through on researching and finding one. This one is a used Pfaff 4870 that I got off of e-bay, and I am so happy with it. I has a lot of neat features--21 different stitch options and up to 5 threads, and each of the stitch options has 3 programmable memories to save tension changes and such. I've only had a couple days to play around with it, but it seems to be fairly easy to thread (I got it right the1st time!), and it sews beautifully. I made a knit shirt to try out some of the different stitches...I used a flatlock stitch for the hem and that worked pretty well. I definitely will do more clothing sewing for myself now that I have a serger again.

Elliot is 6 months old now and he is just now starting to eat rice cereal. It's so much fun. I think mommy was more excited about feeding him then he was at first, but now after a few days, he chows down pretty good at dinner time. Yesterday he had fun spitting cereal on Justin!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new serger! I've got my first one on the way, too, and will look forward to reading about your adventures with yours.

    That baby boy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to check out Pfaff-Talk.net for information on your new serger. Lots of folks to help you if needed. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elliot is soo cute!! If he is 6 months old, I guess that makes me 37 1/2! Somehow that doesn't seem as sweet as 6 months. ;o)

    Enjoy your new serger.

    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete