Monday, March 16, 2009

Booties for Baby


Every baby girl needs a pair of red Mary Jane booties. I found the pattern for these knit Saartje's Bootees on Ravelry, and after seeing how adorable they were, I just had to make them for Marie.

The pattern gives directions for a small size and a large size. I made the large size with red sport weight yarn that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I used size 1 (2.25 mm) double-pointed needles. The finished booties measure approx. 4 inches across the bottom.

This was a quick knit and I’ll definitely be making these again. Next time I would like to try one of the patterns knit in the round—I so dislike seaming. : )

I hope to add a picture of Marie wearing the booties on her cute little chubby feet.

Ruth






4 comments:

  1. Now THESE are cute to give as gifts!!! Great idea!!!

    I am always trying to come up with something unusual to make; or at least "not-off-the-store-shelf" different.

    God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete