Tuesday, September 06, 2011

UFO's and I'm Back!

There's nothing like having the county fair roll around to spur me on to finish a few projects. I don't have as much to exhibit this year as in past years, but I did manage to complete a few items this month.

First is this quilt...made for my daughter's 21st birthday in December 2010. Well, I gave her the quilt top for her birthday, had it quilted 7 months later in July, and then finally sewed on the binding yesterday.


The quilt is sewn from vintage sheets, made in much the same way as
this quilt that Jessica and I made in 2009. Katie loved the first quilt so much that she requested one for her 21st birthday. Well, late is better than never....she'll receive the finished quilt only 9 months late. :)


the back of the quilt

This month I also finished a few knitting projects. The red sweater is the Featherweight Cardigan knit with lace-weight yarn. I started this in April 2011 and finished knitting it only 2 and 1/2 months later. It took another 2 months before I blocked it. (That's okay--it's been too hot in Oklahoma to wear a sweater anyway). :/



Lastly, I completed this scarf, started in March of 2010 and finished in September 2011. It's knit with sock yarn and tiny needles with a lace pattern...a challenge for me. No wonder it took me 17 months to finish it.


It feels good to be blogging again. It's been way too long since I've posted anything. It's been way too long since I've sewed anything. I hope to be back more faithfully! Did you miss me?

Ruth :)

10 comments:

  1. Yes I did! I have been concerned if everything was alright with you and your family, very happy it is:) Did you ever get the fabric I sent you? I hope it went through the mail system safely:)

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is lovely!! I hope you do well at the fair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have you back and nice job finishing all the UFOs. They are beautiful projects and good luck at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater is stunning! As is the scarf!

    I really like the quilt too! Great to see the finished projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I really love that vintage-sheet quilt! I'm beginning my own collection of vintage sheets & I hope to make some quilts from them soon. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I miss you! Your blog is one of the refreshingly real blogs to read. I like the quilt, very much.

    We didn't enter anything in the fair this year. Hopefully next year.

    Have a good day,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear from you again. All of your UFO's were so worth the finish. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt, the sweater and the scarf are all gorgeous! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to "see" you again! Welcome back. I really love your cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always amazes me how easy it is for things to get in the way of my craft projects, and before you know it, there's a closet full of unfinished quilts and scarves and such. I'm really impressed you finished so many. Good job.

    ReplyDelete