Wedding plans are coming along. Katie is getting married in 40-something days. I finally finished Emily's flower girl dress, and I'm ready now to start Tavi's dress.
For this dress, I used New Look 6065. Funny thing, Emily is 6, but I made the size 3 pattern with the size 5 length. The dress fits her perfectly, skinny thing. I practically did a happy dance when my invisible zipper went in almost perfectly the first time. Okay, it's a smidgeon off (see waist band) but not enough for me to get uptight about. I decided to leave it. :)
Pattern changes: I added gathers to the front bodice by adding 3-4 inches to the width of the front bodice piece. I also added length and a lace-edged lining to the skirt; the dress is almost floor length. Pictures will come, but probably not until after the wedding when Emily is dressed up and has her hair combed. :)
Thanks for reading!