Monday, January 09, 2012

Two Flower Girl Dresses

Finally, here is the finished dress I made my 6-year-old daughter for her sister's wedding. The pattern is New Look 6065, size 3 width with a size 5 length.

I also sewed this next dress for my 19-month-old granddaughter. My other granddaughter's dress was sewn by her mommy, Jessica, who I hope will post pictures too.


Tavi's dress is a McCall's 6268, views C and D combined. The pattern comes in sizes S, M, L, and XL. I made a size XL, and it fit perfectly. I used the same crepe backed satin as Emily's dress, with the matte side as the right side. For the sleeve bindings and the bloomers, I used the satin on the outside.



Take a look at the beautiful flower that Jessica made for Tavi's dress. Somehow or another she cut the flower petals out of satin and melted the edges. If you're interested, I'm sure Jessica can tell you how she made the flowers. Yes, flowers--she made 4 total--one for each of the 3 flower girls' hair, and one for the front of Tavi's dress.



The three flower girls each wore these sweet little blue beaded bracelets that I made. (I'm almost afraid to admit it, but I think I want another hobby--beading. These bracelets are simply beads strung on elastic thread, but oh, they were so fun to make. And now I want to make more. And more elaborate. Oh, the fun I could have if I decide to take up beading!)


Once I get them from the wedding photographer, I will post pictures of the girls wearing their lacy dresses. Can you believe I didn't take ANY photos with my camera?!

Blessings,

Ruth

11 comments:

  1. These are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh and sweet. These are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are absolutely stunning! Some very lucky little girls there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful flower girl dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dresses! I like how the blue beads in the center of the flower look.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! I love the lace and the flower with the blue beads - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are so beautiful! I'm sure the little girls will look gorgeous in these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the dresses are beautiful! Be forewarned, beading is very addictive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both dresses are beautiful! I understand your thoughts on beading - I often have to resist the urge to start another hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dresses are beautiful!! Love all of them and the flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the 6 year old's flower girl dress! Did you use a different fabric for the shoulder straps and the skirt?

    ReplyDelete