Sunday, March 04, 2012

Afternoon Sewing Plans

So many things I want to do this afternoon: take a nap, practice my oboe, knit the scarf I just started, read a book, sew something (anything!).... So many things I should do this afternoon: practice my oboe, prepare for the week of homeschooling, plan a menu for the week, clean my bedroom....

Guess what I'm going to do?! I am going to sew!!!!! Am I excited? You bet. It's been forever since I've sewn anything for myself, so I'm going to ease into it and sew a t-shirt. A raglan-sleeve t-shirt. Easy, I hope. :))))))


The pattern is from the 05/2011 issue of Ottobre Woman. I've traced the pattern pieces, now I need to decide on the fabric...thinking of using these.... What do you think?


Also, here's a big thank you shout-out to Sivje at
Goosegirl Sews. She recently had a giveaway on her blog for this beautiful book, full of lovely projects, and the floss and needles. Thank you, Sivje! I am delighted!

Okay, back to my sewing room. Hooray!!!


Ruth

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I haven't sewn for myself in quite a while - I made myself a skirt this weekend. I just need to hem it. My daughter asked me, "What are you sewing for me, Mom?" When I sew, it is usually for her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, but only if the stripe is the top layer with the floral print around the edges! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fabrics you have chosen! I made this shirt twice and it is very easy to sew and the model is very nice, only the neck is very, very wide. I made it a little bit smaller by adding 2 cm. Now it still looks wide, but acceptable and it looks very nice now.
    I'm very curious about your result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric, the floral is right up my street :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive been in that type of mood as well but ive settled for crocheting since it makes a profit on my end.

    ReplyDelete