I picked out this pattern (and the fabric) last summer because I was drawn to the simple, summery, cool and comfortable style of the dress. I almost finished it last summer but got discouraged because I thought the dress looked like a sack. A few days ago I found the dress in a UFO pile and decided to finish it.
The dress has a cute pleated neckline, but I found that the pleats cause a balloon of fabric right in front. Yuck. A belt does help, but yet the pouf is still there. My fabric is a soft cotton madras, so I know it's not the fabric's fault.
yep, a sack
The dress sizing is big. Really. Big. So I took in the sides and took them in some more. Well, you know if you take in a pullover dress too much then the silly thing will be impossible to put on. I took this into consideration and made an opening in the back seam. The button loop was made by finger-crocheting a chain from 6 strands of thread.
With the modifications made, I ended up with a dress that I will wear. I still do not like how the front of the dress poufs out, however, with a belt, the dress is almost cute.
worn with a belt
with self-fabric sash