Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving from my home to yours!  As my children grow up, get married, and have families of their own, it's sometimes a challenge to coordinate the holidays so we can all be together.  This year we celebrated an early Thanksgiving and the family was almost complete.  (Our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter in Switzerland couldn't be here). 

Truly, I have so much to be thankful for! The Lord has blessed abundantly, and I can't begin to express my gratefulness in words, on a blog post.  So I'll leave it at that and instead will show you a few pictures of my own sweet little Thanksgiving Pilgrims and Indians.


When I sewed two Pilgrim dresses in the late 1980's for my first 2 girls, I had no idea that twenty-some years later my 5th daughter and my granddaughter would be wearing the same little dresses.  Emily is 7, my granddaughter just turned 4, and my grandson is 5.  Elliot is almost as tall as Emily!  This will probably be the last year that the dress will fit Emily.

 
 In this picture taken in 2007,  Emily is just 2 and 1/2 years old.




I sewed this Indian costume in 2007 when Jacob was 7 years old.  He loved the costume so much that he wore it almost continually for years until he finally outgrew it.  Now he's 12.  Sigh.  Where do the years go?!

 


11 comments:

  1. What beautiful children and grandchildren. And wonderful memories, you are right where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The costumes are sweet, but oh-my-gosh look at those blue eyes!! The children are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Doesn't that make the effort so worth it when it's worn over and over?! (My youngest sister and my niece are 5 years apart and also are good friends.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special!

    I made a Pilgrim outfit for my daughter this year. My mom made me one when I was little but somewhere along the way it was not saved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth, That is sooo sweet!! Love the pictures!! It is so hard once the children are grown to have them all togther. Our oldest is saving his vacation so that he can come and help us celebrate our 25th anniversary in January. I hope you have a very blessed Thanksgiving!!
    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pic. I know some kiddos of mine that have to have costumes next year. So sweet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great picture and I love the costumes. What fun pictures to look at over and over. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of you three are looking adorable and our dresses are also very endearing Esp. that bird on young boy’s shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to ask - why was little Emily crying in the 2007 pic? :) So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I recall, Emily was crying because she did not want her picture taken. :)

      Delete