Thursday, March 28, 2013

Knit With Love

This sweet little blanket was a joy to knit for Katie's baby.  I chose the pattern and color before she knew her baby would be a boy.  The blanket took about 5 months from start to finish, and it was knit with love and prayers for the baby and his parents.  

THE PATTERN: Pine Forest Baby Blanket
THE YARN: Berroco Vintage DK
MODIFICATIONS: I alternated stockinette sections with the lace sections.  The original pattern is made completely with the lace stitches. The finished blanket measures 38" x 32".

Only another week or so before the expected arrival of my grandson.  I cannot wait to meet him!




7 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! I love how you knit in stockinette instead of lace all the way across. I wouldn't have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy. The idea to knit part stockinette was not mine originally. I was something similar on Ravelry and liked it.

      Delete
  2. This is the most perfect blanket. Love your mods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy with the finished blanket and the mods.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work, Ruth. Advance congratulations on your newest grand son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate the comment.

      Delete
  4. It's simple, but stylish of those leather jackets at the same time. It fits me perfectly. Since the clothing's cutting in this online store www.cwmalls.com is slim fit, it's more suitable for a slender looking guy like me.

    ReplyDelete