The dress is coming along! In fact, it's almost done!
Progress this week included putting in the zipper, inserting the lining around the neckline, edgestitching it, basting the armhole layers together, and handsewing the lining around the waist seam and zipper.
To do still:
1) Hem on dress--done by sewing the satin and lining together right sides together
2) Horsehair braid sewn in seam allowance of hem
3) Sleeves need to be put in
4) Bias binding around armholes to finish raw edges
5) Lace trim around neckline needs to be sewn on by hand
6) Hem on organza overlay (most likely just a serged hem because the lace will cover it up)
7) Lace border hand sewn to the organza overlay around the bottom of the dress
8) Extra lace motifs placed and sewn here and there on skirt
9) Embroidered applique with my name, Justin's name and the wedding date hand-sewn into the bodice.
10) Final pressing!
This may seem like a long list, but really it's not. I'm very encouraged that this is all that is left. I won't make any promises, but I envision it being done by the end of this week to the middle of next week.
I don't want to ruin the surprise for all who will be coming to the wedding, so I don't plan on putting any pictures up of the completed dress in its entirety until after the wedding. I will however continue to put pictures up of bits and parts of it.