Friday, February 09, 2007

Curtains for the baby room

Well, I'm 39 weeks and our baby is not here yet...hopefully he'll come soon! In the mean time I've been busy...sewing curtains for the nursery! I was so pleased to find this fabric at Wal-Mart on the $1 a yard table. It is a medium weight decorator type fabric, and the green color was a perfect match to the green paint we have on one of the walls.

Basically I made these curtains from a picture I'd seen--I didn't have a pattern. I measured the length of the rods and after determining how long I wanted the valences to be, I then added additional inches for the side and bottom hems, the casing, and the center box pleat. I then cut the fabric and began the process of hemming all the sides, sewing on the ribbon trim, pinning in the box pleat, and making a casing at the top for the rod. Long boring seams, but they are done now, and I'm really quite happy with the finished product!


No comments:

Post a Comment