Sunday, June 03, 2007
It's that time already---time to get Emily potty trained. I dug out all the old training pants and plastic pants from days gone by, used by all 6 of my previous babies. Ugh! I really dislike those plastic pants! So, I decided to sew some waterproof panties. This past week I did some experimenting with patterns. The first is a morph of the free Easterbunz and the Goodness Gracious patterns. The second and third pants are two different versions of the Potty Dance Pants pattern. I'm not sure that I like any of these and may try to come up with my own pattern. Actually, I am hoping that Emily will get potty trained quickly, and then I won't have to fuss with any of this.
In a diaper-making mood, I also decided to make some gift diapers for a friend who recently had a baby. She uses cloth diapers and mentioned to me that she needed more and wished she could afford pocket diapers. Since I so happen to love the Chloe Toes pattern, I decided to make my friend some diapers. The rose-colored PUL (outer fabric) and the mauve microfleece (inner fabric) came from a nice lady who offered the fabric on freecycle. She also gave me a large bag full of hemp scraps, and that's what I've used for soakers in the training pants and for the stuffers of the pocket diapers. What was exciting about all this--in addition to the fact that I got some great fabric--is that this lady also loves to knit. She hand-dyes yarn and showed me all sorts of luscious goodies at her home. What fun!
Okay, I'm outta here....