Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ugly Muslin

Simplicity 4669

I'm sewing this skirt and jacket pattern for Ellen out of a lime green (bright!) tweed fabric that she picked out.

I don't always make muslins for every pattern I sew, but I did for this jacket. The fabric for the muslin was destined to be curtains for a basement about 10 years ago. I don't know why I liked the fabric at that time, but now I just about detest it. :-) Since I bought about 10 yards or so, over the past years it has come in handy for muslins and other tester projects. I'll be glad when the fabric is gone!

The muslin verdict: Take it in a bit through the shoulders---that's it!

I'll post pictures of the finished outfit when it's done.
Ruth





1 comment:

  1. That's gonna be one cute outfit when it's done. The muslin worked out great!

    ReplyDelete