Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Simplicity 2701


The welt pocket for another jacket I'm making came out okay. Not perfect, but okay. I think this is only the second welt pocket that I have ever sewn, so really, I'm fine with the slight crookedness of the welt. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, and leaving this pocket alone without redoing it is hard for me to handle. : )

The pattern is Simplicity 2701, and I had intended to make the view on the right that has a v-neck collar. However, I mistakenly cut out the high round collar, and now I don't have enough fabric to cut out the collar I really want. I'm so bummed about this. I'm going to check at Joann's to see if the fabric is still in stock before I go ahead and finish the jacket with the wrong collar. I'll keep you posted.


Ruth




3 comments:

  1. The pocket looks awesome. Love the fabric too. I hope you can find some more at Joann's. I too like the collar but it will look nice without; just different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...it doesn't look crooked to me. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Laura from Italy! I have a blog and I'd wrote a post where is cited also your blog:

    http://chebirba.blogspot.com/2010/01/nuove-scopertenuovi-link.html

    I'd like to invite you to visite my italian blog, bye bye Laura!

    ReplyDelete