Wednesday, October 03, 2012

{ Babies }

I think I've been making these baby blankets for hundreds of years, and yet I don't get tired of them.  New moms always seem to appreciate them, too.  

This particular set of a receiving blanket and matching burp cloth was made for a reader's new granddaughter.  The tiny rosebud fabric is such a classic print, and I just love working with it.

Crocheting the edging is not difficult.  Tutorials abound on the internet including mine here from 2007.  

The stitch I used for this edging is as follows:

Rnd 1:  Single crochet round blanket. Slip stitch to connect the last stitch to the first stitch.
Rnd 2:  *Single crochet in next stitch.  5 double crochet in next stitch.  Single crochet in next stitch.*  Repeat around the edge of the blanket. Join and tie off.



The pea green baby set is also finished!  I just love the little booties...so fun to knit.  

The patterns:
Sweater: Paxton Jacket
Booties: Seamless Top-Down Booties
Hat:  Easy Peasy Hat




7 comments:

  1. These kind of receiving blankets are my favorite! This is a lovely gift for a new baby.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you crocheted around the burp cloth. So pretty!

    The little green knit set is adorable. Making me wish I had a reason to knit it! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet blankie, sweet sweater set! Beautiful on all of it, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet little things. You do wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your blankets are so cute and the perfect gift! The sweater and bootie set are adorable. I'd love to learn to knit well enough to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect timing,I was just thinking about adding a little crochet edging to some pillowcases! These blankets are perfect, who wouldn't love to receive them? Oh and love the little sweater and booties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWW the little green booties are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete