Friday, October 26, 2012

Pat-a-Cake

Today I wound six lovely skeins of beautiful creamy white yarn into six little cakes.  Six yarn cakes.  And soon to be knit into a baby blanket for my 5th grandbaby.



I can hardly wait to get started on the blanket, but first I must finish a few works in progress:

This colorful baby sweater now just needs a few buttons and a blocking to call it finished.

 Pattern:  Paxton Baby Jacket
Yarn:  Knitcol by Adriafil, merino, dk weight


And this green sweater, a cardigan for me, may never be complete at the pace I'm knitting.  Lace weight yarn and miles of stockinette stitch--what was I thinking?!

 

 Pattern:  Rocio
Yarn: Knit Picks Shadow, merino, lace 


Lastly, the ever ongoing socks.  In my opinion, a knitter must always have at least one pair of socks in progress.  :)

 

Pattern:  Charade
Yarn: Bare Sheep Yarn Company (Etsy)

As evidenced by all the knitting posts, it's obvious that I'm not sewing.  I just need to figure out how to make time for both knitting and sewing!  I do have a pattern for a messenger bag that I'm super excited to sew.   

Ruth  



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kntiting update! Keep plugging away on that sweater for you. It's going to be lovely. Congratulations on your 5th grandbaby! I had lost count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 3 grandchildren now, and two more due in the spring. :))))

      Yesterday I worked on the green sweater, and I'm now ready to knit the sleeves. My goal was to finish it by the end of the month which is not going to happen, but at least I'm making progress, right?

      Delete
  2. Such lovely knitting projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the baby sweater and the green cardigan you are working on - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That baby sweater is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects!! The yarn looks so lovely! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!

    ReplyDelete