What you don't notice about this pattern is that it is fully lined. And see that simple little pleat on the front? For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to fold it, and the instructions weren't much help. I almost decided to just go with a box pleat, but then suddenly it just all fell into place correctly.
Thankfully, the lining and invisible zipper went together well--and for this, I really liked the Ottobre instructions. The dress was finished in an evening, and Emily has already worn it to her piano recital. My little girl is growing up, and I fear she won't want this style of dress much longer. I really must sew more often for her while she still wants me to.
The only change I made to the pattern was to add ric-rac to the bodice yoke seam. I also made a matching ric-rac flower that attaches with a pin.
The design: Daisy Dress, #31, Ottobre 3/2015
Fabric: woven cotton
Lining fabric: batiste
Size 134 (US 9 or 10, I think)
from the Ottobre magazine