Friday, March 02, 2007

Baby Shower Gift Idea

I'm not sure when I'll start finding time to sew or craft again, but I'm up to blogging! Here are a couple of pictures of my darling new baby. Elliot is 18 days old today...he's already growing so fast! He's starting to move his arms and hands about more, and although he hasn't found his thumb yet, he likes to suck on his hands.

It's just so nice not to be pregnant anymore! Even with taking care of a baby all day and all night, I still feel more rested and energetic than I have felt in months.



My elderly neighbor, Miss Alice, made me the neatest baby gift. She took a small sized wreath, wrapped it in wide, wire-edged ribbon, and then tied all sorts of baby items to it to create a special gift that is going to be so hard to take apart! Mine has all sorts of useful things tied to it--bibs, a sippy cup, booties and socks, a couple of onesies, feeding spoons, a pacifier, a teether, a rattle, and various nail and hair grooming items.


Miss Alice has been making these "baby wreaths" for babies for years and years. She said that she has probably made over 50 in her life. Despite her ailing health, she wanted to continue her tradition and make one for me. I was so blessed by her kindness and generosity. God has truly given us good neighbors here, and I am thankful for each one that we have gotten to know.

Jessica

8 comments:

  1. OH what a cutie! God Bless!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's gorgeous! Congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,

    Enjoy falling in love with that sweet baby!!! He is precious!!!

    And you are right...the wreath is a great gift idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie-pie...
    Love his name..
    I have never seen a wreath like that! Nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The wreath is loaded with goodies.

    Elliot is adorable. I just love him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous baby boy! I am glad I get to see pictures and hear the updates!

    Hugs to you all!

    Aunt Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been so behind on reading blogs and devoted time to it today! I am so glad I did, as I was wondering if you had the baby yet!!!!Yes and he is cutey!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaah! He is so adorable! I love babies!! I never enjoyed pregnancy either. Too hard on the back! But the gift we receive from it is wonderful isn't it!

    ReplyDelete