Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sewing Room Makeover Part 3

Pictures on the walls

I am home from Church this morning, sick with Pinkeye. It's really nasty. My eye is red and puffy, and feels like I have sand between the lids. Yuck.

I'm really simplifying on the amount of clutter I have hanging on my walls in my sewing room. The items I hung up are special and pretty to me. I packed up all the extras for now.

In the picture below you can see one main corner of my room. Justin's keyboard is just to the right of the closet (no pictures yet...still needs organized!), and the frame you see on the right is the doorway. The small black dresser holds various notions, craft supplies, ribbons, trim, rick-rack, and sheet music (for Justin). The corner between the dresser and wall is perfect for my cardboard cutting mat, and various rolls of paper and interfacing.

This is a watercolor pencil picture I did as a teenager. It's the scene that I could see out of my bedroom window in when we first moved here. The frame was made and given to me by our first friend in Oklahoma, our neighbor who had cattle on our land.

The pink flowers are one of the silk flower cake toppers I made for our wedding cakes...almost 2 years ago. I can't believe it's been that long.

This picture was made by a sweet lady from my in-law's church. I have never met her, but when Justin and I were getting married she asked my Mother-in-law for an invitation and a description of my colors, and made this beautiful collage for us as a memento.

Love, Jessica

2 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty! Good job. So sorry about your eye. I pray it heals QUICKLY!

    Love, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that all the wall art has special meaning to you. Hope your pinkeye is gone quickly, it's no fun!

    ReplyDelete