Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Getting in on a quilt festival...

I'm a bit late, but not too late to be joining in on the Spring 2009 Quilt Festival at the Park City Girl blog. There are soooo many pretty quilts and quilt inspiration if you take time to browse the links....also a bunch of fun prizes to be drawn on the 24th. If you have a quilt you want to share, hurry, and join in before the festival closes!


I LOVE to make baby quilts. They are easy, and quick, and a great way to try fun fabric combinations without having to spend a lot of money or commit to weeks of sewing. My favorite baby quilt that I've made is this green and blue one from last summer. It was made from Denyse Schmidt's Katie Jump Rope fabrics and I had a hard time giving it away! I know the little man who now owns it though, and he certainly deserves it. Don't all babies though? I hope to make each of my kids their own special quilt.

Blessings!
Jessica

18 comments:

  1. That is so pretty. I really like the material in this quilt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the fabrics together...so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these fabric together....just beautiful. Wonderful quilt!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought I would check out a few entries from the end of the list and I am glad I saw yours! Very nice work. I will go peek at more of your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous colours!! you're so generous giving this one away!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a darling baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the fabrics you used in this quilt and the binding is the perfect fabric. It really makes the quilt pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors. Its hard to give away a quilt sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whats a lovely looking quilt. Thanks for sharing - notjustnat

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the fabric and color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilt wonderful colour combo, Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this quilt! The plaid fabric really adds to the design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors in this one. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous quilt. Love this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE that color combo! Thanks for sharing your quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo, love those together--pretty while still great for a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really cheerful quilt. So glad that you are getting to know it's young owner too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the fabric choices for a little boy quilt.

    ReplyDelete