Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rainy Days and Sewing


Rain, rain, go away
Come again another day

Little Emmy wants to play...


...in her new summer clothes that she can't wear until it warms up. :)

The Top:


Ottobre 02/2005

Blouse, Design # 11

Size 98, lengthened 3 inches

Fabric: Batik cotton leftover from a skirt for my 2nd daughter and leftover from two purse linings. This blouse used up all but the tiniest of scraps.


The batik fabric has just enough of the right color of green in it to coordinate with the green shorts. My favorite part---the two rows of shirring across the front, sewn with elastic thread in the bobbin.




The Shorts:

Ottobre 16/2008

"Goofy Tweed Pants," Design # 11

Size 92

The pattern photo shows pants made of wool tweed. I cut the lower legs off the pattern piece and made a pair of shorts in lime green cotton twill, topstitched in pink.



10 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice all these creas...

    Congrats!

    irina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and the outfit is too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the CUTEST little girl shirt I have ever seen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute!

    It's raining here today as well. Since I'm not waiting to wear cute summer clothes, I'm enjoying the rain. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit - I particularly love the batik!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 02, 2009

    Great projects! I finally have enough to order my first subscription to Ottobre!!!! Iam sooo excited!!! I just love all their patterns that you try out :)

    Captain Momma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, your model is so cute. She's such a pretty little girl, I love looking at her pictures. The clothes are always cute too. ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable.

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete