Monday, March 08, 2010

Gray Skies, Sewing, and Swag Bucks




This little coat for Emily was started several weeks ago when there was still snow on the ground. I finally finished it--when the snow is gone, and warm weather is hopefully right around the corner. But then, today, the skies are gray, the rain is falling, and the temperatures are low. Emily may get some use out of this coat yet!

The coat still needs snaps. I have brown snaps, but I'm waiting for the right color of pink snaps to arrive before choosing which snaps to use. The coat is a wide wale corduroy from fabric.com, and the color is a coral or salmon pink. The pattern is from Ottobre, of course; design #15 from the 04/07 issue, made in a size 110. The coat looks great on Emily! I just wish I had finished it 3 weeks ago. : )


taken from my front porch today


On another note, have you heard about Swag Bucks? In short, Swag Bucks is a search engine that earns you "bucks" just for searching. These bucks can be used for a number of prizes, but the $5 Amazon gift card is the only prize I've ever redeemed. In the 9 months that I've used Swag Bucks, I've received $80 worth of Amazon credit. Unfortunately, I spend the Amazon credit almost as fast as I get it! Points are earned from searching and also from referrals. So, yes, I would be happy if you use my referral link if you decide to sign up. : )
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CallMeRuth
(By the way, I still use google for searching if the swag buck search doesn't yield enough results.)


Search & Win


Okay, end of commercial break. Let's get back to sewing.


Ruth


5 comments:

  1. Ruth,

    What a darling coat! I think that your lovely little girl will be able to use the coat - spring has nippy weather :-)

    I really like the colors you used for the coat...

    Blessings,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you post what you have sewn. Everything always looks professionally done. I love pink and that ruffle edging is just too cute for words. Nice job!
    Thanks for stopping by and checking out the home tour. I just sigh looking at Andreas house. So pretty and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog:) I love the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that coat is just gorgeous, nice work

    ReplyDelete