Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Update

Saturday, I did another craft fair, my 3'd actually. I had a good time and am glad I did it, but it was so slow! I haven't done enough of these to know what's good for me or not, but I made less than 1/3 of what I did at the two last fall, so I'm thinking that's bad. =(

One thing that made me happy though was having this new crafty apron to wear! It was perfect for my change and my little craft fair odds and ends.

(Forgive the blurry picture. I didn't get any photos at the craft fair, and I took this one using the mirror in my bedroom.)

Apron pattern is from the One-Yard Wonders book. I love this book!

I did get a chance to chat with some of the other vendors and that was a blast! Everyone was very encouraging and nice despite the slow day. I met another "fabric nerd"...hehe. Check out the beautiful outfits she makes HERE in her etsy shop.

Spring is finally here and I am so happy!


Elliot helped me plant my little garden a couple days ago. When we were digging the dirt up, I mentioned that we were preparing the bed for the seeds...A few minutes later when we were planting them, he piped up that the the seeds needed to go to sleep! He's very excited for them to "wake up" and start growing!

I don't think I've ever shown this little dress here, but it's been one of my favorite outfits that I've made for Marie. Last fall it was a dress, then in the winter she wore with with jeans as a tunic, and now it's a mini-dress! I just love these Amy Butler prints.

(can you tell she was so mad about having to let Elliot have a turn on the baby swing?)


It's getting a bit short on her for a dress, but I don't care...those baby legs are just so cute!!

The pattern is the Easy Empire Waist Dress from Amy Butler's Little Stitches book. Haha...it looks like a simple pattern, but it was so not easy!! If I remember correctly, I finally ditched the confusing instructions and just sewed it together...and I think the final product was worth it!

I need to get a photo, but you'll never guess what I'm sewing now...

Dancewear!

Yes, I'm helping a friend of a friend out and sewing these little alligator print, lycra fabric shrugs for a high school dance performance. I think the main reason I agreed to do this is that I now have a chance to use my new coverstitch machine! So, n0 new Easter dress for me, (I am so glad I sewed Marie's dress weeks ago!) I'm working on dancewear!

Oh yes, I didn't want to forget this, Randi, at i have to say... is having a fabric giveaway. I heart fabric...especially $50 worth of free fabric! She is also having a 20% off sale in her esty shop. Check it all out HERE.

Have a great week everyone!

Jessica

3 comments:

  1. Oh, those pink boots are the cutest ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie is adorable in her pink boots! I just want to kiss and squeeze her.

    How are the shrugs coming along? I haven't started Emily's love dress yet. Oh, and her pink shoes came from Payless. They had them in Marie's size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! She is the cutest thing! Love the boots, too!

    ReplyDelete