Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Spinach Quiche

Quiche is one of my favorite things to cook--I love to eat quiche!

This is a new recipe that I really liked. It is a little harder then a lot of other quiche recipes because it requires a pastry crust, but I think it was worth it. I really liked how it used cream cheese instead of a traditional chedder, and I loved the input of spinach--much better then broccoli. The end result was very creamy, moist, and so yummy.

I know it doesn't look that wonderful in this picture, but it really was beautiful. The lighting wasn't very good in my kitchen, and I discovered that yellow food doesn't look that good on a green countertop.

Jessica























Spinach Quiche

1 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese softened
4 eggs
1 cup evaporated milk
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 pkg (10 0z) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup diced ham or chopped onion
1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust

Using an electric blender, mix cream cheese till creamy, about 1 minute. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add evaporated milk and red pepper. Mix in the spinach and ham until well combined. Pour into prepared crust and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350 for 55 to 65 minutes until knife instered in the center come out clean. Cool 5 minutes before serving.



2 comments:

  1. "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche." Just kidding. How did Justin like it?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very yummy! I'll have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete