Thursday, June 08, 2006

Vintage Aprons


I was looking through my files of sewing-related papers when I came across an envelope with this pattern for "An Apron With A Bib." It is from the September, 1963 issue of Woman's Day magazine. That's the year I was born. Pretty neat, don't you think?

Jessica, I may just use this pattern for my apron of your "apron challenge." It looks like all the instructions and pattern sheets are here. Now to find some 1963-ish fabric to use for the apron....


Ruth


4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 09, 2006

    I love the vintage apron pattern.
    Hope you can find some 1963-ish fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 16, 2006

    Ruth, Do you actually have this pattern? I'd like to know if I can get a copy. I like making aprons too, though I rarely wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic. I love sewing aprons and particularly like the vintage styles with fuller skirts and bibs. Any interest in sharing this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, As Marlene said these are fantastic, were you able to share the pattern?

    ReplyDelete