Thursday, March 29, 2007

Beautiful Music, Busy Days

While writing this I’m listening to Beethoven’s Symphony # 3, the Eroica. Ah, such beautiful music! The Eroica version we play in band doesn't compare. Even so, I do have fun playing the oboe part for the band version. (Yes, parents are invited to participate in the homeschool band---a wonderful privilege I so enjoy!)

Okay, on to sewing-related things…. I haven’t posted in awhile, but I have been busy smocking, sewing, and knitting. Too busy to post, I guess. This evening I hemmed the smocked dress for Emily! Yea! It’s almost finished…just the buttonholes and buttons to complete.

Today I also cut out a dress for Ellen using Simplicity 3902, view D with the bell sleeves. She measured between a size 8 and 10 in width and a size 12 in length. After making a muslin of the bodice I decided to cut out a size 10 lengthened to a size 12. Ellen picked out the fabric---an aqua cotton print. She knew exactly what color and style of fabric she wanted. I didn’t have much say in the matter. :-) I think she made a good choice, though, and I’ll post pictures when the dress is finished.


In the knitting realm, last month I finished a baby set for the sweetest grandbaby in the world—Elliot! But that’s another post for another day.

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment