Thursday, May 07, 2009

New PJ's for Elliot

Just in time for summer, I got Elliot some pj's made!

He LOVES the trucks on this pair...

I used Kwik Sew's Sewing for Toddlers book for the pattern for these. I made the 4T size, and it was big, but that's ok because he'll be able to wear them longer. The shorts seem really wide legged, but I'm not sure if it's because of the cut or because I made them too big. They are great for pjs, but I might find a different pattern if I was going to make him play shorts.

This tool fabric I found on the remnet table at Hancocks. There was just enough to make this set. I think I might like sewing with knits...they went together so fast and easy with my serger.

Speaking of knits, I thought I'd pass along a link to The Fabric Hound. They have some fun knits prints, and they are on sale too! US knits HERE, and European knits HERE.


Mom, here's a picture of Marie in the sleeper you made her. She is cutting her first tooth today! I am excited, and she is cranky. =)

Blessings,
Jessica

5 comments:

  1. How absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really cute and he does look happy to have them.

    You really can't go past knit fabrics for kids clothing, especially when they're young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet children and adorable clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 13, 2009

    Those baby clothes are so cute. I'm 8. I just started my own blog.




    www.sewingsister.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 16, 2009

    Hi...I just discovered your blog and am excited to look around! Thanks for the pattern idea for little boys. We just had our first boy and I have had a hard time finding cute patterns for him.

    ReplyDelete