Monday, October 24, 2011

Wedding Sewing




My 3rd daughter, Katie, is getting married in December! Plans are coming along. My next sewing project will be to make 2 flower girl dresses--one for Emily and one for my granddaughter in Switzerland who is 1 year old. Jessica will make Marie's dress. Yes, there will be three flower girls, and they will look adorable, I'm sure!

We choose ivory lace and ivory crepe fabric for the dresses, and will use the matte side as the right side. I'm excited to get started...now if school and music could be put on hold, I just might find time to sew!

Ruth


Good times:
making the silk flower bouquets,
corsages, and
boutonnieres
with sweet friends
!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, fun! I sewed a flower girl dress last year for my own little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like super fun and adorable sewing! Congrats on the upcoming wedding too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughter Katie! Can't wait to see pictures of the flower girls...I'm sure they'll be adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the wedding. Brings back memories of my mother and I making the bridesmaids dresses for my wedding over 30 years ago. Have fun and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun, congrats and enjoy all the planning and preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. weddings are so fun! you will be busy but the sewing/creating will be so fun and memorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun times! You are making some very special memories--enjoy! And thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dresses and the girls wearing the dresses will be pretty, I'm sure. I look forward to seeing the finished products!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like fun! Cannot wait to see how the dresses turn out. I'm sure they will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete