Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sweater Progress


The baby sweater is coming along nicely, but such a slow crocheter I am! I started this sweater two weeks ago and I still have the hood and the 2 sleeves to go. Of course, I am only crocheting here and there when I find time to sit down for a few minutes, so what can I expect?

Several people have commented how this yarn is a dream to work with. I agree! Soft to the touch, this yarn still amazes me how it makes its own stripes. Yes, the pattern is easy. I have only crocheted one other sweater (6 years ago, a different baby sweater with a hat), so this is still fairly new to me. I usually crochet doilies, not garments, and I was a bit nervous about starting this sweater. The pattern is made up mostly of HDC (half-double crochet) stitches and it goes along quickly.

Making this sweater has inspired me to want to make bigger and more complex patterns. Crazy me, it's not like I need another project added to everything else in my busy life! Jessica brought over some beautiful burgundy-colored yarn which will be used for my next project...a sweater for her, if I ever finish this baby sweater. Be patient with me, Jess. Remember, I'm a slow crocheter.

Ruth


4 comments:

  1. I couldn't finish all that in two weeks! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Crochet almost completely baffles me other than single for edging now and then. I am sure that just as with any other crafty endeavor, speed comes with practice and time so hang in there, it will come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a precious sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really good to me! I've never tried crocheting before. Is it harder to do than knitting? I've knitted some in the past, but it's been a long time. :-)
    BTW, I enjoyed playing oboe with you today, Mrs. Smith. Sorry for playing so badly though! I'm gonna have to start practicing oboe more! :-)
    -Kace

    ReplyDelete