Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bridal Shower Craft


Saturday, Mom and I hosted a small bridal shower for a dear friend of mine, Tonya. She's getting married in less than 2 weeks and we were so excited to celebrate with her.



The luncheon menu consisted of Italian soup, Chicken salad sandwiches, Ham and cheese sandwiches, and sides of pickles and olives, cheese and crackers, and grapes. For dessert we had fancy little petit-four cakes, and cream cheese eclairs.


I made little name place cards for each person, and I thought they came out cute! They were so easy to make and gave a very elegant feel to the place settings.







To made them, I cut rectangles of purple and pink cardstock, 3" by 4 1/2". I placed the stickers on them so that they would stand well above the center when the card was folded in half lengthwise. I semi folded the card in half carefully, trying not to bend the sticker too much. I then used an x-acto knife to cut out the outline of the sticker on the top half. Once the sticker was cut out, I was able to completely fold the card and write the names on them with a calligraphy pen.


4 comments:

  1. Those are very cute! They would also be perfect for a spring party. Hmm... seasonal motifs, party theme motifs (baby rattles, booties, etc for a baby shower; caps, gowns and diplomas for graduation). You've got my imagination going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    Love the cards!! and your tummy is so cute!!! You need to take pics standing up.. When are you due?
    Love ya
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are very cute. great idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your penmanship!

    ReplyDelete