Friday, November 02, 2007

When you don't have pattern weights...

...you use mini pumpkins! (I hate pinning!)

I'm making view A of this McCall's 5531 pattern (the shorter length with the peter-pan collar). It's coming along really well, and I can't wait to show you pictures and write a review. I'm using a lightweight, very dark colored denim and doing top-stitching in white. I've been wanting one of these new styled jackets this season and was so excited to find a pattern for them. I can't justify buying a new jacket to my husband (I seem to collect jackets), but I can justify sewing one...especially when I got the pattern for $0.99 and the fabric was 50% off!

Cheers!
Jessica

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pics of your finished jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pumpkin weights! I use what ever is around too.

    ReplyDelete