Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Dress with 18 Pattern Pieces


I don't know that I've ever sewn any garment with this many pattern pieces. Eighteen, to be exact! The pattern doesn't look too difficult, just time-consuming with all the pockets and top stitching. I'm excited to start sewing.

This dress will be made for Ellen, my 12 year old daughter. She liked the dress from the first time she saw it in the magazine. I am making the size 140 lengthened to a size 170.


I'll try to update as I go. : )

Ruth


Oh, the dress is design # 35 from the 4-2008 issue of Ottobre--the "Helmi" dress.

7 comments:

  1. You are very patient to cut out 18 pattern pieces! I'm sure the dress will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of pattern pieces! Cutting the fabric is my least favorite part of sewing! That would have taken me forever to get cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mom and I can see why your daughter likes that dress, it is so cute. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of pieces, I'll stick with my 5 pieces. :) Can't wait to see it when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lots of tracing and cutting. I like the style too, but my daughter wasn't keen on it...

    Hope it goes together well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! THat's a lot of cutting!!! I can't wait to read the updates on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that dress and would like make one for my daughter at some point. Eighteen pieces, piece of cake. :-)

    ReplyDelete