Monday, February 01, 2010

February Felt Heart Garlands

I love garlands. They make me so happy!

When I saw Tammy's felt heart garland this morning, making one jumped to the top of my priority list today. So cute! and easy! Totally housewarming. I think I got a bit carried away...


First, a short red and white one to go over my bedroom mirror...

Next a long pink, red, white and purple one for my back sliding door. I LOVE this one!

Finally, a multicolored one that ended up on my little fireplace mantle. The colors of this one almost look Christmas-y (and it doesn't help that I still have a Christmas greenery on the top of the mantle), but I still like it.


To make:
Cut lots of random hearts out of felt. They don't have to all be the same size. You can get lots of hearts out of one piece of felt. This is a great project for using up all those little leftover pieces of felt. My felt stash is seriously depleted now!

Sew them together using a straight stitch. It works best to sew them with the top of the heart going first under the presser foot.

Enjoy!
Jessica

5 comments:

  1. Love the Valentine Hearts! Thanks for a creative way to put up some decorations at home! I Love the hearts <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm inspired. I love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so adorable! Haven't stopped by in awhile, glad i did! :)

    Oh, I'm having another giveaway on my blog. Feel free to enter!

    Blessings!
    Melinda Pound

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! I'm checking out your blog for Okie Blog Awards.

    ReplyDelete