Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sewing Notions


On Thursday past, 22 ladies and girls gathered at our house to honor Jessica with a "Help Fill Jessica's Sewing Basket" shower. The party was hosted by some dear friends, and everyone had a wonderful time. Jessica received so many sewing notions, and her sewing room in her new home will now be well-stocked.
Here are some of the notions she received:
  • seam ripper
  • magnetic pin cushion
  • pins and needles
  • bodkin
  • safety pins
  • hemming guide
  • Pfaff edge stitching foot for her sewing machine
  • tracing wheel
  • marking chalk
  • thread and thread holder
  • bobbins and bobbin saver
  • rotary cutter and mat
  • Schmetz machine needles
  • lace and trims
  • buttons
  • pincushion
  • tape measures
  • quilter's square
  • quilt journal
Don't you think a sewing shower is a great idea for someone who loves to sew?!
I know that both Jessica and I feel very blessed to have
such wonderful friends who do so much for us.

Ruth


4 comments:

  1. What an excellend idea for a shower! Perfect gifts for someone who loves sewing so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea-sewing shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I saw your comment on Erin's blog (Unfolding Moments). Your dress is really pretty!

    One thing I noticed....on your post about your new house you have a link that shows a picture of it....it also shows your complete address so if you don't want everyone on the internet to have your address, I would take the link down. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really didn't even think about that. I was just thinking about how I wanted my out-of-state family to see the interior pictures. Thanks for the heads up!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete